Simple Pan Fried Bok Choy
Bok choy is one of those magical green leafy vegetables that are nutritional powerhouses! Bok choy is one of the highest plant sources of calcium and it's sweet, soft and crunchy all at the same time. It's perfect in stir-fries or as a simple side, which is exactly what we're teaching you how to make today!
The best way to incorporate the health benefits of green leafy veggies into your diet is to eat as many of them as possible, and one way to do that is to make them in a simple way with just a few ingredients so you don't even have to think about it come meal time. In today's video we're teaching you how to cook bok choy with just 4 ingredients, and we're also talking a bit about stainless steel pans and the crazy yet simple trick you need to know to avoid food from sticking to them.
The video, recipe and printable are below! I hope you make this at home, it's so simple!
SIMPLE PAN FRIED BOK CHOY
Yield: 1-2 servings as a side dish | Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 bulbs of bok choy (or 3-4 small ones)
A drizzle of high heat oil (canola, sunflower or safflower)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (tamari for gluten free option)
- Wash and dry the bok choy without separating its leaves.
- Cut the bulbs into ‘steaks’ or thick slices, making sure the leaves are still held together by a bit of that core.
- Heat a pan at medium-high heat and add a drizzle of the oil to goat the pan.
- Add the bok choy slices, cover with a lid and let cook until golden.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Once golden and tender, uncover the lid, add the soy sauce and lemon juice, flip for a couple more seconds and serve. You might want to add some black sesame seeds as a garnish for beautiful presentation.
Thanks for watching everyone!
Enjoy more of our recipes here, and we'd love for you to join us in our video-based online program My Brownble, where we teach you how to cook amazing vegan food, and help you on that ongoing quest of finding balance. You'll learn how to indulge in your favorites and still prioritize your health, creating healthy habits that last you a lifetime.
In and out of the kitchen.
...and there's so much more. You can check out all the details here.