Peanut butter and jelly are still one of the most classic and delicious pairings in food, and although you can never go wrong with the simplest peanut butter and jelly sandwich, we've changed the concept ever so slightly in the recipe we have for you today. These roll ups are the perfect snack, and in the simplest preparation you're getting a healthy dose of protein (did you know that peanuts aren't nuts but actually legumes?!), some whole grains, fruit, more protein as well as powerful antioxidants in the little surprise we're adding inside, and the sweet and yummy taste of jam. I always prefer to opt for a natural jam, sweetened only with fruit itself, and all-natural peanut butter without any added sugars or fats.
Kids love these roll ups and you can cut them and serve them on a plate, or eat them burrito style like I like to do. Serve them with some fruit or my favorite way, with a cold glass of your favorite non-dairy milk. You won't believe how delicious they are and how simple they are to make. Enjoy the video, printable and recipe below!
PB & J ROLL UPS
Yield: Make as many as you want! No measuring required!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes
Whole wheat tortillas
Some all-natural peanut butter
Your favorite jam or preserves
½ a banana for each tortilla you make, sliced
A sprinkle of hemp hearts (peeled hemp seeds)
- Warm your tortillas in a non-stick skillet.
- Place them on a plate and spread an even layer of peanut butter, and then some jelly or jam.
- Place your banana slices on top, leaving a border without any.
- Sprinkle some hemp hearts over all of the tortilla and roll.
- Repeat with as many as you’re making and then return your tortilla roll ups to the skillet to carefully warm them up on low-medium heat. Just until warmed through.
- Slice on the bias and serve with some extra fruit, your favorite plant-based milk, coffee or tea and enjoy!
Thanks for watching everyone!
Enjoy more of our recipes here, and we'd love for you to join us in our video-based online program My Brownble, where we teach you how to cook amazing vegan food, and help you on that ongoing quest of finding balance. You'll learn how to indulge in your favorites and still prioritize your health, creating healthy habits that last you a lifetime.
In and out of the kitchen.
...and there's so much more. You can check out all the details here.