This has to be one of my all-time favorite recipes. I always try to keep tortillas handy because I know I can whip this up in no time, and I always have tofu and potatoes in the house.
This is one of our quick fix recipes, meaning I try to show you how to make a delicious dish without the need to measure a single ingredient! This gives you so much freedom in the kitchen, and it's perfect for those very busy days in which you literally need to throw stuff together in a pan and go.
I got the idea for this dish because many moons ago, back in my meat eating days, I had a shawarma sandwich that had french fries inside the wrap along with the other ingredients. I can't even begin to describe how the textures complemented each other. This dish is 100 times better though. The contrast between the flavorful veggies, tofu and seasonings, not to mention those perfect skillet potatoes stuffed inside the soft tortillas, is simply a dream. If only you could serve it with guacamole... oh wait! Yup! It's absolutely heavenly, and one of my favorite recipes.
Enjoy the video, recipe and PDF directions below and let us know if you make it at home by using the #brownble on Twitter or Instagram!
Before you get cookin'
Remember that we have a ton more quick fixes and full-length recipes as part of our membership program, with more coming every single week. Read more about the features of our online program here.
QUICK FIX: TOFU AND POTATO "BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH" BURRITO
(No measuring required!)
Favorite Veggies for a Scramble (I love spinach, onions, peppers, mushrooms and herbs)
Possible extra ingredients
Chopped fresh cilantro and guacamole for serving
(just omit them from the steps if only using the main ingredients)
Quick and Easy Directions:
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and add a bit of oil to the pan.
- Add in some cubed potatoes (cut into small cubes so that they don’t take so long to cook).
- Let the potatoes form a golden crust without moving them.
- Once golden on the bottom, start tossing occasionally until golden on all sides and tender in the center.
- Add your favorite chopped veggies for a scramble (our favorites are onions, peppers mushrooms and spinach), and cook until golden.
- Add come crumbled tofu and a pinch of turmeric, sea salt and pepper. Toss until well combined and warmed through.
- If using cilantro, add it in and toss.
- Add a small drizzle of lemon juice and of soy sauce.
- Warm up your tortillas and fill them with your potato-tofu scramble.
- Cut on the bias and serve with some guacamole or salsa on the side if desired and enjoy!
Thanks for watching everyone!
Enjoy more of our recipes here, and we'd love for you to join us in our video-based online program My Brownble, where we teach you how to cook amazing vegan food, and help you on that ongoing quest of finding balance. You'll learn how to indulge in your favorites and still prioritize your health, creating healthy habits that last you a lifetime.
In and out of the kitchen.
...and there's so much more. You can check out all the details here.