I think this is my favorite post in a while, simply because I KNOW you're going to go wild over this one. I'm jumping out of my seat with excitement!
In the summer, Carlos and I have the tradition of having a barbecue in our terrace almost every Saturday. We grill up tofu skewers, seitan sausages, peppers and onions, asparagus, tamari-maple eggplant, serve some guacamole, and yes... without fail... grilled corn on the cob. Then winter comes and grilling in the terrace becomes a total no-no and our weekly tradition has to wait until next year. Bummer... as in I miss my grilled corn bummer! Until today of course. I'm teaching you how to make THE MOST PERFECT grilled corn on the cob indoors and without a grill! Yup, you heard that right, and nope, there's absolutely no difference between them flavorwise. It's freaky!
This is also the perfect recipe year round when you live in an apartment and you don't have access to a grill even in the summertime. That's right, anyone can make this. I recommend making it in a grill pan (the kind that has those little ridges), but if you don't have one, use a standard pan and you'll be just fine.
I haven't told you the best part yet, I'm also teaching you how to make the perfect compound herbed butter to go with them. Are you drooling yet? Let's get cookin'!
Find your video, recipe and printable below. Don't forget to show us your pictures if you make this using the #brownble!
INDOOR GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
Yield: 2 servings ⎮ Prep time: 5 minutes ⎮ Cook time: 20 minutes
2 ears of fresh corn, husks removed
A drizzle of high heat oil (canola, safflower, sunflower, etc)
1/4 cup non-dairy butter at room temperature
1 tablespoon each of your favorite fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley and chives
The zest of about half a lemon
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Drizzle the corn with some high heat oil and use a brush to spread it all over the cobs.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet on high heat, add some more of the oil to coat the bottom of the pan and add the corn. Grill turning occasionally until the ears of corn are nicely charred. They will crackle and smoke a bit, this is normal.
- To make the compound butter, mix together the butter, fresh herbs (leave some for serving), lemon zest, a pinch of sea and some freshly ground pepper.
- Place the butter in the bottom of an oven proof baking dish, spread it out slightly and top it with the grilled corn.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place the pan in the pre-heated oven for 5-10 minutes or until the kernels are tender. Shake the pan occasionally so that the corn can roll around with the melted herb butter.
- Place the corn on a platter, sprinkle with a bit more sea salt and pepper, the reserved fresh herbs and serve. You can also brush them with some of the herbed butter that remained in the pan, or serve this on the side.
Thanks for watching everyone!
Enjoy more of our recipes here, and we'd love for you to join us in our video-based online program My Brownble, where we teach you how to cook amazing vegan food, and help you on that ongoing quest of finding balance. You'll learn how to indulge in your favorites and still prioritize your health, creating healthy habits that last you a lifetime.
In and out of the kitchen.
...and there's so much more. You can check out all the details here.