Quick Fix!: Sweet and Sour Tofu and Veggie Stir-Fry with Pineapple
We have a brand new quick fix for you today! Just in case you're new to our quick fix recipes, they are fast videos to teach you how to make a simple dish at home without the need to measure any ingredients. You can swap and switch them as you like and it usually involves a very simple technique that can help you whip up a meal in no time. Perfect for those busy week dinners or lunches.
In today's video we're teaching you how to make a simple tofu and veggie stir-fry that is packed with flavor and is very healthy for you. If you don't have a wok you can absolutely do this in a pan or skillet.
I have to say that we have this dish at least once a week since I'm completely obsessed with my wok and with stir-fries. Feel free to serve this with other goodies too, like rice, quinoa, buckwheat or even noodles. They all go great with this dish!
Remember we have a ton more of these quick fix videos as part of our online membership program, all of them are super quick to watch and make so you can get cooking asap.
Enjoy the video, recipe and printable below!
QUICK FIX: SWEET AND SOUR TOFU AND VEGGIE STIR-FRY WITH PINEAPPLE
Tofu or tempeh
Vegetable mix for stir-frying
Possible extra ingredients
Lemon, sambal oelek (or sriracha sauce) and agave syrup (if making the special quick sauce)
Sesame seeds for garnish
(just omit these from the steps if only using the main ingredients)
Quick and Easy Directions
- Cut your tofu into cubes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce and cornstarch and add the rest of the sauce ingredients if using (a splash of lemon juice, some sambal or sriracha and the agave).
- Heat a wok at very high heat and add some high heat oil (canola, safflower, sunflower, etc). You can also use a pan if you don’t have a wok, but a carbon steel wok is inexpensive and the greatest tool to have in your kitchen!
- Stir fry the tofu cubes tossing as they brown. Remove them from the wok and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the wok and start adding the vegetables starting with those that take the longest to cook. With the vegetables seen in the video I added them as follows: broccoli, then mushrooms and onions, then carrots and peppers.
- Once all your vegetables are tender and golden, add your pineapple cubes. Toss.
- Add your tofu back into the pan and toss again.
- Add your sauce around the edges of the wok so as not to lower the temperature of the wok too much.
- Toss again and let everything get coated in the sauce and allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Add the sesame seeds and serve!
Thanks for watching everyone!
Enjoy more of our recipes here, and we'd love for you to join us in our video-based online program My Brownble, where we teach you how to cook amazing vegan food, and help you on that ongoing quest of finding balance. You'll learn how to indulge in your favorites and still prioritize your health, creating healthy habits that last you a lifetime.
In and out of the kitchen.
...and there's so much more. You can check out all the details here.